10 Tips for Hiring the Right Roofing Contractor
Whether you’ve found a leak or noticed warped shingles, finding an honest roofing contractor is important. After all, you’re putting your home in the hands of whichever company you hire. If their work is subpar, it increases your risk of water damage, structural damage, and costly repairs in the future. To help you find the best roofers in Buckhead to handle your repair, here are 10 tips.
- Choose a contractor who specializes in your needs. When searching for a contractor to handle your roofing needs, avoid those who claim to do it all. Instead, find a company who specializes in shingle replacement or roofing repair. This ensures that they have the experience needed to handle your issue.
- Compare different companies. Don’t just hire the first company that comes up on your search. Instead, compare a few different businesses to ensure that you hire someone qualified to do the work.
- Check references. No matter which businesses you are considering, they should be able to provide you with at least 5 references. Take your time to call a few of their references to get a feel for how they conduct business.
- Shoot for locally owned businesses. While there are plenty of nationally owned roofing repair companies, it’s better to deal with small business owners. It’s easier to contact them if something goes wrong. Plus, chances are they’ve accrued a reputation around town.
- Choose a company that offers a free estimate or bid. Any company that you choose should be willing to assess the damage of your roof for free. If they want to charge you, move on to the next listing.
- Ask friends and family members. Chances are that someone you know and trust has used a roofing contractor before. Talk to them about their experiences. This is a great way to find a trustworthy company.
- Check for insurance. Anyone who is working on your roof should be insured and provide workers compensation. This releases you from any liability should a disaster happen.
- Be aware of warranties. A company with integrity will stand by their work. Pay attention to companies who offer warranties or guarantees on their work.
- Look for pictures. When checking out a prospective company’s website, look for pictures of recent jobs. Detailed pictures with descriptions prove that you are dealing with a legitimate company and not scammers.
- Get everything in writing. Before you hire anyone, make sure that you know their expectations and that they are aware of yours, then get everything in writing. This helps to reduce miscommunication and frustrations.
Hiring roofing contractors in Buckhead isn’t something that should be taken lightly. By taking the time to find a trustworthy company, you can rest assured that the job is going to be done right the first time.