Your roof is one of the most reliable, integral features of your home– and it usually doesn’t require as much care and attention as other aspects of your home. However, if you neglect your roof for years on end, you’ll definitely start to notice telltale signs it needs repair.
You should consider repair when you notice:
- Roof dents or lead boots (the boot around the vent pipes)
- Shingle debris in the gutters
- Noticeable cracks, spaces, or sinking
Repair prices depend on factors like the type of roof, slope, quantity of chimneys and skylights, and extent of water damage.
Signs You Need Roof Replacement
One of the main factors in deciding whether to repair or replace your roof is its age. The average lifespan of an asphalt roof is 20 years, so if your roof is approaching or past that age, it’s time for a full roof replacement.
If you’re not sure how old your roof is, try:
- Asking the previous owners for additional information
- Contacting the county to see the permit
- Requesting an inspection from a roofing company
- This is an obvious sign of extensive water damage and structural problems– and it needs to be replaced immediately.
Missing or Damaged Shingles
- If large patches of shingles are cracked, curled, or balding, it might be time for a replacement.
- If you can press down on your roof and it feels spongy or soft, there’s likely roof water damage and structural damage.
Attic Water Damage
- Visible water stains and leaks in your attic mean the roof is no longer adequately protecting your home from the elements.
Why Superior Roofing?
When you hire Superior Roofing, you can expect a professional and courteous crew who will work diligently to complete the job as quickly as possible. As a quality roofing company in Lilburn, we understand that your roof is one of the most important features of your home, and we take our time to ensure that every job is done correctly. We know what your roof is up against here in Lilburn, and so we take a holistic approach to your roofing needs. When you partner with Superior Roofing, you can expect:
“I have used Superior after using two other companies to try to fix roof leaks. Superior Roofing managed to take care of my leaks very quickly. John Hall and his team were great to work with. I recommend Superior Roofing.”Stephen W.