What Is TPO Roofing?
Thermoplastic polyolefin (TPO) roofing is a single-ply roofing system that is popular for commercial buildings. When we install it, we either attach the system using fasteners and plates or apply the membrane directly to the roof deck with an adhesive. Once in place, we weld the system’s seams to form a watertight bond.
We measure the thickness of TPO roofing membranes in “mil” units. A single mil is equivalent to one-thousandth of an inch. Most TPO materials are between 45 and 80 mils. In general, a thicker membrane will last longer and provide greater protection than those that are thinner.
If you are interested in installing TPO roofing at your commercial location, or if your existing system needs repairs, contact Superior Roofing Company of Georgia. We have more than 37 years of industry experience and deliver superior-quality results. After all, it is in our name! For a roof done right, do not hesitate to reach out to us today. We would be glad to provide you with a free estimate for our service.
When you opt to install a TPO roofing system, you unlock various benefits that can save you money and keep your commercial location protected.
Our past customers have chosen TPO roofing because it is:
- Durable: This type of roofing system can last up to 30 years with proper maintenance. It is watertight and able to hold up in severe weather.
- Energy Efficient: TPO materials are highly reflective, which can keep your roof cool. This makes it easier for your HVAC system to maintain a comfortable temperature, saving you money on utilities.
- Low Maintenance: In general, this type of roofing does not require a lot of upkeep. You simply need to keep your roofing clean and free from debris and get timely repairs.
- Cost Effective: Typically, TPO roofing systems are cheaper than others like EPDM rubber. Because it is relatively easy to install, its labor costs are generally lower too.
- Environmentally Friendly: TPO roofing systems are made from non-toxic materials and do not contain harmful chemicals. Plus, they are recyclable, which reduces waste and helps conserve natural resources.
- Versatile: This is a great choice for low-slope or flat roofs of all shapes and sizes, as TPO roofing materials can be applied to fit virtually any dimensions.
If you have a TPO roofing system, there are signs you ought to watch for that can let you know your roof needs professional attention. First and foremost, any leak warrants a call to a roofing contractor. Should you leave a leak unchecked, it could compound and cause expensive water damage over time.
Other issues to take note of include bubbles or blisters on the surface of your roofing materials, as well as cracks and tears. All these things indicate that your roofing membrane is no longer watertight, compromising your building’s protection.
At the first sign of a problem, turn to Superior Roofing Company of Georgia. With our commercial TPO roofing repair services in Monroe, you can get the fast and effective fix you need. There is a reason countless business owners have trusted us since 1990. We are professional and punctual, and our results are long lasting.
To secure a free estimate for your next service, connect with us online or call (770) 766-1448.
I have used Superior after using two other companies to try to fix roof leaks. Superior Roofing managed to take care of my leaks very quickly. John Hall and his team were great to work with. I recommend Superior Roofing.Stephen W.